Former SVP, Podcast Content and Partnerships at Podbean.com, Former Board Governor “Treasurer” Member and former Founding Chairperson of The Podcast Academy, and 2017 Inductee into the Podcast Hall of Fame.
In his roles at new media, tech, and podcast SaaS platform companies like Microsoft, PodcastOne, Spreaker, Voxnest, Libsyn, Advertisecast, and Podbean. He has managed content providers, technology, distribution, and monetization partner relationships at all levels.
He also focuses on building trust in podcasting to maintain its long-held values around openness, sharing of ideas, independent creators, and innovation.
Rob’s long and storied history on nationally syndicated terrestrial broadcast radio starting in 1999, then webcast and podcast. WebTalk World Radio Show was heard on XM satellite radio and is recognized as the first broadcast radio program in the world to begin podcasting on Sept 15th, 2004. To hear archived audio shows from 1999 through 2006.
He has continued working to advance the podcasting medium in these current and previous positions:
- Former SVP, Content & Partnerships at Podbean.com
- Former VP of Content and partnerships at Advertisecast and Libsyn.com
- Former VP, Podcaster Relations, Voxnest.com (Spreaker)
- Former Head of Partnerships at Voxnest.com (Spreaker)
- Former Head of Content at Spreaker.com
- Former EVP/CTO at PodcastOne
- Former Business Manager of Podcasts/TV at Microsoft’s Zune Marketplace/Xbox Marketplace/Windows Media Center/Windows Phone – See more on Zune – 2018 Zune HD Review.
- Former Global Content and Marketing Manager at Melodeo Mobilcast.
He is an active three-times-a-week podcaster and video show host by co-hosting The New Media Show audio & video podcast that streams LIVE every Wednesday afternoon at Noon PST/3 pm EST. Host of Trust Factor with Rob Greenlee” Audio Podcast | Video Version
A few years ago, he stopped publishing his three-year-old 186-episode podcast series, Spreaker Live Show on Spreaker. He is also the former founder and lead host of the WebTalk World Radio Show and Zune Insider podcast.
He is working on a Podcast series called “Spoken Life Show.”
He attended Pacific Lutheran University, earning a BBA in Business Administration with a Marketing Concentration.