Is VP of Content and Partnerships at Libsyn and Advertisecast, is a well-known 17+ year evangelist of the podcasting industry, Current Board Member and former Chairperson of The Podcast Academy, and a 2017 inductee in the Academy of Podcasters Hall of Fame. In his role at Libsyn, Rob is responsible for managing content provider, technology and distribution partner relationships who entrust their content to the Libsyn’ s pioneering podcast publishing, distribution, management, measurement, and monetization tools.
Rob’s long and storied history on nationally syndicated terrestrial broadcast radio starting in 1999, then webcast and podcast. WebTalk World Radio Show was heard on XM satellite radio and is recognized as the first broadcast radio program in the world to begin podcasting on Sept 15th, 2004. To hear archived audio shows from 1999 thru 2006.
He has continued working to advance the podcasting medium in these previous positions:
- Former VP, Podcaster Relations, Voxnest.com (Spreaker)
- Former Head of Partnerships at Voxnest.com (Spreaker)
- Former Head of Content at Spreaker.com
- Former EVP/CTO at PodcastOne
- Former Business Manager of Podcasts/TV at Microsoft’s Zune Marketplace/Xbox Marketplace/Windows Media Center/Windows Phone – See more on Zune – 2018 Zune HD Review
- Former Global Content and Marketing Manager at Melodeo Mobilcast.
A few years ago, he stopped publishing his three years old 186 episode podcast series called Spreaker Live Show on Spreaker. He is also the former founder and lead host of WebTalk World Radio Show and Zune Insider podcast.
He is currently working on a NEW Podcast series called “Spoken Life Show” and is advising new podcast production services company “PodcastEZ”.
He attended Pacific Lutheran University where he earned a BBA in Business Administration with a Marketing Concentration.