(12/18/2020) Podcasting globally is growing fast in all aspects and is increasingly diversified around gender, ethnicity, and race. We are seeing innovation and talented people entering the podcasting medium in many areas now that is becoming increasingly less…
Former VP of Content and Partnerships, Libsyn.com You might be asking a simple question: Why? Again, we have been here before, and it was called the Association of Downloadable Media (ADM). It was a grassroots organization formed by…
The below post has nothing to do with Podcasting and was originally posted on Facebook. Given the reactions I am seeing in the media and on social media to issues around men sexual harassment of women. Why did…
(Article Updated July 7, 2019) Simply put “Dynamically Inserted Advertising” puts audio ads or audio promos in podcast episode downloads and it stays there for a certain amount of time and then it stops being inserted when it’s…
Predicting the coming year of podcasting is a little more challenging than usual because, in my mind, the 13-year-old medium has been maturing very fast. Unfortunately, growth and innovation will be slow in coming this next year. It…
Every time I step into a car with an AM/FM radio, I am reminded about the concept of simplicity and ease of use as key reasons why radio grew to have such a large listening audience. When I…
Some podcasting platform players are getting all upset with many large Public Radio groups putting out Podcasting Measurement Specs that give the impression to some that they are declaring war on the long established podcasting space. "I don't…
Here is another episode of the Spreaker Live Show #39 for Dec 30th, 2015. My guest this week is Joel Zammit, Business Manager and Host at SansPantsRadio.com in Australia. Joel is co-host of the ""Plumbing The Death Star"…
I see that 2016 will bring continued and steady growth in the on demand audio and podcast markets though with some consolidation of larger players. I do see a danger of expectations outpacing the realities around the adoption…