Predicting the coming year of podcasting is a little more challenging than usual because, in my mind, the 13-year-old medium has been maturing very fast. Unfortunately, growth and innovation will be slow in coming this next year. It…
Every time I step into a car with an AM/FM radio, I am reminded about the concept of simplicity and ease of use as key reasons why radio grew to have such a large listening audience. When I…
Some podcasting platform players are getting all upset with many large Public Radio groups putting out Podcasting Measurement Specs that give the impression to some that they are declaring war on the long established podcasting space. "I don't…
I see that 2016 will bring continued and steady growth in the on demand audio and podcast markets though with some consolidation of larger players. I do see a danger of expectations outpacing the realities around the adoption…
Todd Cochrane (@GeekNews) and Rob Greenlee (@RobGreenlee) discuss the challenges of some of the new podcasting platforms when it comes to live integration for the show. The new Triton announcement by Blubrry. They also discuss a recent Westwood…
The match between podcasts and music has been around since the early days of podcasting at small places like Apple iTunes and Microsoft Zune, the two major distribution platforms for podcasting in its embryonic stage of the mediums…
The podcasting aggregator model has been flawed since the earliest days of podcasting and cannot be easily monetized; it means that podcast-only distribution aggregator platforms or so-called “Podcatchers” have had difficulty generating revenue and profit to support ongoing…
Many have said, over the past 10 years that podcasts were just too difficult to find and know how to listen to them. I would agree that was the past and that past perceptions like this create a…
Content and distribution have had a long-running relationship with each other over many decades, going back to the earliest days of print, TV and radio. Yet, this relationship has been growing more and more unstable since the beginning…